I have officially started working on my own independent game development project. The goal of this project is to learn by creating a fun VR game within the scope of an extremely small team of one. I’m guaranteed to learn a lot as I develop this from start to finish. Please let me pander for web traffic as you follow my progress.
I like what Allegorithmic is doing over there with creative tools for 3D texturing. Before Allegorithmic came along, 3D artists had to wrestle with Photoshop to get the right look but now with true material painting and lossless down/up sampling we can point the focus on creativity.
When I heard that there was a new version, I jumped on it. (Well after I learned about the upgrade price for independent artists – $75)
Right now it’s just downloading but when I paint something up, I’ll toss it on Sketchfab to share with you all.
This is one of those games where the focus is not shooting, explosion and a complex leveling system. This game is about story. I really liked the pacing of this game, visuals and the voice acting.
I’d rate a 6.5 out of 10.
- Dialog Choices
- Emotional (I genially felt sad at the end)
- Pick up and drop items feels too sloppy. i.e. Pick up a book, when done, throw it on the ground.
- Buggy. I once had to reload the game because I had a rope stuck on my hand.
- Invisible walls for no reason.
This game is not kid safe. It’s an adult game for all the good reasons. Please make more!
The game The Witness is a great puzzle game similar to Myst. Do you like Myst, beautiful games or games that are slow paced, get this game. This game is not an action packed game full of leveling and loot.
I’d rate a 9 out of 10.
- Top notch graphics. I believe they made a custom engine for this game
- Lots of puzzles. You’ll feel so smart after completing them.
- The story wasn’t as apparent nor enviting as Myst
- Might be to hard for some
- Odd videos and audio clips
… so yes, better than Battlefront.
I highly recommend Sketchfab. It’s a great way to show off your models on the web. Now you can embed Sketchfab links into wordpress. Magic.
Here is my first ever Sketchfab. Isn’t that cute. ahhh …
I have loved Star Wars®†™ all my life. Basically when I was born so was Star Wars and we grow up together. We’ve had some good times and not so good times. Star Warsº§ Battlefront 3 for the PS4 is for sure apart of the good times.
No time for in-depth review to build credibility that I actually know what I’m talking about. I don’t like reading them so why write one.
I’d rate a 8.5 out of 10.
- OMG the graphics and sounds. So good.
- Great representations of the characters you’ve grown to love.
- Split screen co-op, good for children
- No audio from people you don’t know
- You get killed a lot. Twitchy
- Hard at first until you get perks
- No online split screen
- You’ve got to put up with all the whiners complaining about gamer stuff
I play most Monday nights at around 9pm CST.
… just incase they do. Here it is, iDRez.com. I know how these blogs go and this post is often the saddest and, most of the time, loneliness post ever. Here the blogger teases how awesome and content rich this blog is going to be.
The riveting categories of can’t-get-enough blog posts that I’m totally going to write:
- Coding: Maybe I’ll write how to code or something.
- Modeling: That’s 3d modeling, I’m not a model photographer nor that good looking. (Don’t tell my ego I wrote that. He’s fragile.)
- Projects: I’m always doing something, maybe I’ll slow down my progress by taking photos and writing about it to share with total strangers.
- Gaming: Since the most game bloggers are doing such a good, unbiased, job at reviewing games I might leave this category alone.
- Politics and Religion: I’m really going to get all extreme and alienate my readers.
- Cat Videos: Always cat videos.
By posting these I hope to guilt myself into actually writing them but I’m a coder, 3d artist and also a dad, writing is going to be like pulling teeth. Don’t hold your breath.